These are things we found funny or interesting, but weren’t included in posts. It’s just random stuff from our travels.
1. This instrument in the orchestra pit at the Opera Roma. Allen Graffam says it’s a cimbasso. Paul says he could play it if he had one. Barbara says no more toys.
2. This pine cone in the Vatican. Why?
3. Paul conducting this street band at the Bargello, and…
4. Paul correcting the embouchure of one of the musicians.
5. Saint Paul (Stookey) emerging from a cannon. Compare.
6. Sign in the Pitti Palace. All museums should have one of these.
7. This just cracked me up!
8. This murmuration of starlings in Florence – We saw this one night as we were waiting for a bus. I didn’t catch it on video, so here’s someone else’s clip from YouTube.
9. This cool little street band we heard just outside our hotel in Florence.
10. This is how they serve pizza in Italy. It’s an individual serving meant to be eaten with a knife and fork.
11. Paul taking a picture of me, taking a picture of him.
12. She scares me.
13. Another St. Paul Stookey. (See #5)
15. This train worker taking a vape break.
16. These Mozart Rubber Duckies in Salzburg.
17. Paul channeling Wolfgang Amadeus (a name we almost gave our son).
18. These children on a school trip. I guess the vests are so they can cross the street safely.
19. This dancer and owner of Gut Aichet, a farm that hosted a Bavarian Beerfest for passengers on our river cruise. We especially loved the 14-year-old accordion player.
20. This example of Austrian humor.
21. The lengths one might go to for a photo op.
22. Not quite Sweeney Todd, but…
23. This leads me to believe there’s canine b’ball being played somewhere here:
24. Best use of traffic cones:
25. In case you’re thinking of entering anywhere but through the gate:
26. Authorship revealed!
27. Here there be dragon eggs.
28. Best name for a Scottish gift shop:
29. Or maybe this one: